Sunday, May 22, 2011

Essie's Fiji


On a recent trip to the nail salon, I chose OPI's Mod About You as my pedicure color. I loved how light and bright it was. The color was perfect for Spring and made my toes look clean and crisp. When I got home I immediately Googled the nail polish and realized it was probably going to be really hard to find. Next, thing I searched for was a dupe. The one that kept popping up was Essie's Fiji. I read about how horrible the application was and about how it was a pinkier version but I picked it up at Longs (CVS) anyway. All the reviews were absolutely right, it was a tricky little sucker to apply but after being extra careful and slapping on about four coats I came out with this (picture above). I topped it off with my fave Seche Vite Fast Dry Topcoat, it smoothed everything out and it was gorgeous. To my surprise it did not shrink due to the topcoat (others usually do on me), and it did not chip for at least four days (I usually change my nail color every two days). All in all, I'm happy that I picked it up, it's become one of my new faves and if  you have a steady hands and some patience I would recommend Essie's Fiji to you.

*Side note: Of course with me being just a little bit crazy, I still searched high and low for OPI's Mod About You and I found the last two bottles at my local Trade Secret. I'm not sure if it's discontinued but if you can get your hands on a bottle I'd highly recommend it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment